- Associated Press - Friday, December 26, 2014

BREVARD, N.C. (AP) - Transylvania County authorities say a teen has died and his father has been hospitalized because of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.

Sheriff David Mahoney told local reporters that it appeared the home was being heated with a device not intended for inside use when they victims were found Wednesday. Mahoney said it created a high level of carbon monoxide.

A 13-year-old boy died and his father was taken to a hospital for treatment. The names of the victims have not been released.

Medical examiner Angela Hinnenkamp said she’s awaiting tests to confirm the cause of death.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide