- Associated Press - Friday, December 26, 2014

WILLIAMSVILLE, N.Y. (AP) - Officials say more than 40 residents of a suburban Buffalo nursing home had to be evacuated after a motorized wheelchair overheated and began smoking.

Fire officials in the village of Williamsville tell local media that the small fire was reported Thursday night at the St. Francis Nursing Home.

Forty-six residents were evacuated from the facility. Two residents and one staff member were taken to a hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.

Nursing home officials say the displaced residents stayed in another part of the facility while the smoke and water damage was cleaned up. They’ve since returned to their rooms.

LOAD COMMENTS ()

 

Click to Read More

Click to Hide