- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Avalanche pound Sabres 7-1
The rookie is rewarding their faith with a stellar first season.
Varlamov also had his second assist of the season.
Colorado is having a bounce-back season after finishing at the bottom of the Western Conference last year.
The decision has paid off. MacKinnon has 20 goals and 40 points to lead all rookies in scoring.
“I’ve been feeling more comfortable. I think I was a little snake-bit at the beginning and could’ve score more than I did,” said the 18-year-old MacKinnon, who had his first three-point game. “Thankfully things are clicking, I’ve developed chemistry with guys on the team.”
The Avalanche were playing their final home game before going on a four-game East Coast road trip ahead of the Olympic break. They have won eight of 10 and are 35-14-5. It’s their best start to a season since 2000-01 when they won the Stanley Cup.
“We weren’t ready to go from the get go,” Buffalo coach Ted Nolan said. “We never laid a body on anyone. It was a very ugly game to watch.”
The Avalanche jumped ahead early and didn’t need to sweat out the end as they did against Minnesota on Thursday.
They scored three quick goals on Olympian Ryan Miller in the first. Barrie started the flurry with his seventh of the season at 7:37, and McGinn and Landeskog had goals 58 seconds apart later in the period.
By Tammy Bruce
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again