- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Cosey 3 lets E Kentucky top SE Missouri St, 79-78
Question of the Day
RICHMOND, Ky. (AP) - Glenn Cosey drilled a last-second 3-pointer to give Eastern Kentucky a 79-78 come-from-behind win over Southeast Missouri State Saturday night.
The Colonels led at the half, 44-37, but Southeast Missouri State started the second with a 26-10 spurt to take a 63-54 lead with under eight minutes to play. Eastern Kentucky used a 10-2 run to make it 72-70 with 2:13 left.
Tyler Stone’s two free throws gave the Redhawks a 74-70 lead, but Marcus Lewis dunked with 2:04 left and Cosey hit a pair of free throws to knot the score, 76-76 with 26 seconds left. Stone had a tip-in with seven seconds left.
Southeast Missouri (12-11, 3-6 Ohio Valley), which now has a six-game losing streak at Richmond, got a career-high 32 points from Jarekious Bradley. Tyler Stone added 15.
Cosey and Corey Walden each scored 20 points to lead Eastern Kentucky (16-7, 7-3), with Lewis adding 12.
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Russia sends Iraq fighter jets, helicopter gunships for ISIL fight after meeting in Moscow
- Tom Petty: 'No one's got Christ more wrong than the Christians'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq