- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
- Obama’s motorcade prevents woman in labor from crossing street to hospital
- Grijalva: Anti-trafficking law ‘line in the sand for many of us’
- Joe Biden: ‘Businesses are hiring at historic rates’
- Jeb Bush to Congress: Don’t use border crisis as excuse to delay immigration reform
East Carolina holds on for 74-67 win over UAB
Question of the Day
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) - Paris Roberts-Campbell scored 21 points as East Carolina held on for a 74-67 win over UAB on Saturday.
East Carolina (12-10, 1-6 Conference USA) went on a 12-2 run early in the second half to extend its lead to 45-32 and led the Blazers by 16 with just more than 13 minutes to play.
After UAB (14-7, 3-4) cut its deficit to 68-66 with 2:09 left, the Blazers then missed their final six shots from the field and East Carolina hit six free throws to seal the victory, just its second win in its last 10 games.
Caleb White had 17 points and Akeem Richmond added 13 for East Carolina, which made 9 of 22 3-pointers.
C.J. Washington led UAB with 25 points but the rest of the team made only 15 of 47 from the field. UAB hit just 5 of 25 3-pointers and 12 of 21 free throws.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq