- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Garrison leads Grand Canyon over UMKC 72-53
Question of the Day
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) - Jerome Garrison scored 20 points and Daniel Alexander added 17 with eight rebounds to help Grand Canyon roll to a 72-53 win Saturday night over Missouri-Kansas City.
Grand Canyon led 33-31 at halftime. Blake Davis hit a 3-pointer to stretch Grand Canyon’s lead to 10 points, 46-36, with 15:28 remaining. UMKC would only get within seven points in the second half, 48-41, with 11:15 to play. Grand Canyon made 13 of 28 3-point attempts, including three straight to cap its scoring.
Garrison was 4 of 6 from 3-point range and has scored 20 or more points for the seventh time this season. Alexander made three 3-pointers and Davis hit four to finish with 12 points. Justin Foreman made two from beyond the arc and had 10 points for Grand Canyon (11-10, 6-2 Western Athletic Conference).
Martez Harrison scored 17 points and Nelson Kirksey added 11 to lead UMKC (7-14, 4-4).
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Cutler wins endorsement from gun control group
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Man says he shot burglar who said she was pregnant
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq