- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Hampton edges Coppin State 79-76 in OT
BALTIMORE (AP) - Jervon Pressley scored 16 points to help lift Hampton to a 79-76 overtime win over Coppin State on Saturday.
Du’Vaughn Maxwell and Deron Powers contributed 11 points apiece, and Brian Darden added 10 more for Hampton (11-10, 6-2 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference), which hit 27 of 56 from the field in winning its third straight game.
Trailing 36-31 at the break, Coppin State (7-14, 4-4) outscored the Pirates 42-37 in the second half and forced overtime on a free throw that tied it at73, but put just three points on the board in the extra period as Hampton pulled away with six in OT.
Sterling Smith led the Eagles with 24 points and nine rebounds, while Andre Armstrong contributed 13 points and Daquan Brickhouse had 11. Coppin State shot just 33 percent from the field in the loss, but still holds a 17-16 series lead over Hampton.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- CPAC 2014: Rand Paul urges conservatives to fight for liberty
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Soldier who hid to avoid saluting the flag to be punished in secret; Army won't release details
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- EDITORIAL: Connecticut revolts against gun controls that could criminalize 300,000
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Malaysia Airlines says plane on route to Beijing missing
- High schooler suing parents for money shot down by judge
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again