- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
- Rep. Luis Gutierrez: Senate Dems wary of immigration politics
- Summer camp for 1 percenters: Sushi, limos and shopping at FAO Schwarz
- Colorado gun crackdown law found to be built on faulty data
- Hank Aaron steps to fundraising plate for Democrat Michelle Nunn
- ISIL terrorists blow up burial site of Jonah, vow more of same
- Impeach Obama, say 35 percent in new poll
- Taliban yank 14 Shiites off bus, bind and shoot them on Afghan road
Lipscomb downs North Florida 60-58
Question of the Day
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - J.C. Hampton scored 15 points, including the game-winner with 45 seconds left, as Lipscomb downed North Florida 60-58 Saturday night.
Khion Sankey and Josh Williams added 11 each for the Bisons (10-12, 5-6 Atlantic Sun Conference).
Lipscomb established a 20-11 lead by 9:43 in the first half. North Florida responded with a 14-4 run to pull ahead by one, 25-24, before a Sankey 3 and a Carter Sanderson layup put the Bisons back on track to lead 31-30 at halftime.
The teams traded layups early in the second then went cold until the Ospreys’ Travis Wallace hit three jumpers and a free throw within a minute to tie the score 39-39 with 14:01 left. Tied 56-56 with 2 minutes to play, Hampton sank a layup and jump shot to give Lipscomb the edge for the win.
Wallace led the Ospreys (12-12, 6-5) with 23 points and 11 rebounds.
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- PRUDEN: The Democratic-wannabe mice under Hillary Clinton's feet
- Obama takes aim at 'corporate deserters'
- Crime-ridden U.S. cities differ on ways to fight gun violence
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq