- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
Man sentenced for strangling woman in AC motel
Question of the Day
MAYS LANDING, N.J. (AP) - An Atlantic City man who strangled a woman at a local motel and then left her body inside a van he parked behind the city bus terminal has been sentenced to 25 years in prison.
Atlantic County prosecutors say 49-year-old David Williams must serve nearly 22 years before he becomes eligible for parole under the sentence imposed Friday.
Williams pleaded guilty last November to aggravated manslaughter in the death of 23-year-old Siddiqah Bryant, whose body was found in the van in May 2012. Authorities have said Bryant had a restraining order against Williams.
Williams has said he used a telephone cord to strangle Bryant during an argument, but authorities have not said what sparked the dispute. He fled to Texas the next day and was captured there in July 2012.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world