- Oregonians flee in face of fast-moving wildfire as homes go up in blaze
- Eric Holder: ‘Racial animus’ fuels opposition to Obama and me
- Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl to return to active duty at Fort Sam Houston
- Israel says it’s downed drone along southern coast
- Despite offensive, Gaza rockets still hit Israel
- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
Northern Arizona nips Idaho State 67-65
Question of the Day
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) - Kris Yanku’s layup with time expiring lifted Northern Arizona over Idaho State 67-65 on Saturday.
The game was tied at 61 with 5:48 left after Andre Hatchett’s jumper for Idaho State (7-12, 4-6 Big Sky). Northern Arizona (9-12, 6-4) went up four on Aaseem Dixon’s jumper and a layup by Yanku, but the Bengals responded. Ajak Magot dunked and Jeffrey Solarin’s layup with 32 seconds left tied the game again at 65, setting up Yanku’s heroics.
Idaho State used an 8-3 run in the first half to lead 37-30 at the break but the Lumberjacks had a 13-0 run of their own in the second half to bring the game back to even.
Quinton Upshur led Northern Arizona with 20 points. Dixon finished with 18 while Yanku made the most of his six points.
Chris Hansen led Idaho State with 15 points and Hatchett had 14.
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Emeryville, Calif., police chief: Guns aren't for defense
- Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi formerly a U.S. captive
- KUHNER: Will Russia-Ukraine be Europe's next war?
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
- Obama's 'blank check' rejected as border solution
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs