- Oscar Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford flubs daylight saving time advice: ‘Turn your clocks back’
- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
Saints score 3 in 11 minutes against Fulham
LONDON (AP) - Southampton scored three second-half goals in 11 minutes to beat Fulham 3-0 on Saturday in the English Premier League.
Fulham moved to bottom of the league with 19 points from 24 games. Stoke is mid table with 25 from 24.
The renewed optimism brought by Fulham’s late flurry of activity in the January transfer window quickly evaporated as Southampton became the eighth side to take three points at Craven Cottage this season.
Southampton spent much of the first half on the backfoot and had goalkeeper Artur Boruc to thank for keeping the score level.
Fulham was made to pay for missed opportunities as Southampton ruthlessly exposed its soft underbelly after the interval, with Lallana opening the scoring with a superb strike across the face of goal.
Rickie Lambert got his 100th league goal for Southampton six minutes later, before the visitors’ other England international, Jay Rodriguez, curled home exquisitely in front of watching England manager Roy Hodgson.
Substitute Pajtim Kasami curled wide as Fulham looked to reduce the deficit in the closing stages, but failed to threaten Boruc as Southampton won a league game at Fulham for the first time since 1947.
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Senate Democrats, Republicans spar over restoring unemployment benefits
- CURL: Today's GOP really is Reagan's 'Big Tent' party
- As Crimea falls, Obama takes Key Largo golf vacation, Biden hits Virgin Islands
- Russia besieges Crimea as U.S. seeks diplomacy; Putin remains undeterred by Obama's sanctions
- SAUERBREY: Taxing Marylanders until they flee
- Investigators puzzle: How does a 777 jetliner just disappear into thin air?
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt 'Boss Hogg' town from map
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again