- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Lions announce hiring of Cooter
Question of the Day
ALLEN PARK, Mich. (AP) - Jim Bob Cooter has been hired as quarterbacks coach for the Detroit Lions.
Detroit officially announced the move Monday. Cooter was an offensive assistant for the staff that led Denver to an AFC championship last season. He had previously worked for the Kansas City Chiefs and Indianapolis Colts.
Detroit has been putting together a new staff under Jim Caldwell, who replaced fired coach Jim Schwartz.
With Cooter on the staff, the Broncos ranked first last season in total offensive yards per game (465.3), total touchdowns (76) and points per game (37.9). Cooter was on Caldwell’s staff in Indianapolis when the Colts reached the 2010 Super Bowl.
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Veteran with concealed weapon turns tables on Chicago gunman
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Homeland Security adviser tweets America is 'Islamic country'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs