- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Plans move forward for homes on site of Mich. camp
Question of the Day
SAUGATUCK, Mich. (AP) - Plans are moving forward to turn part of a lakeside camp in western Michigan into luxury home sites.
The Chicago Sun-Times reports (http://bit.ly/1gglUH1 ) the Presbytery of Chicago voted Saturday to sell the 130-acre Presbyterian Camps property in Saugatuck to developer David Barker for $10 million to help cover debts. The sale is expected to close on Friday.
Michigan environmental approval is needed for the development, which has been opposed by environmentalists, some nearby residents and past campers. Barker received approval from the Saugatuck Planning Commission in December to build eight homes.
Barker says his plans calls for far less intense use than how the property is currently used.
The camp was founded in 1899. It typically houses about 200 campers a week. The Presbytery of Chicago owned it since 1921.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Islamic militants seize Benghazi as U.S. evacuates Libya
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors