- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- African leader cancels trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
- Sarah Palin’s online channel hits snag as Stephen Colbert buys similar URL
- SWAT spends seven hours in standoff with empty home
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
SOCHI SCENE: No, Johnny, no!
Question of the Day
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia (AP) - First a bathroom. Now an elevator.
U.S. Olympic bobsledder Johnny Quinn keeps getting stuck.
Quinn, who famously busted his way out of a locked bathroom at the athlete’s village earlier at the Sochi Games, has apparently gotten himself into another jam, this time in an elevator.
Quinn posted a photo on his Twitter account showing him, wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt and U.S. A. baseball cap, trying to pry open the elevator doors. He wrote, “No one is going to believe this but we just got stuck in an elevator.”
A team spokesperson verified that Quinn did indeed get caught stuck in an elevator before dinner, but got out without having to destroy anything.
He’s looking for better luck getting in and out of USA-3 next week when he competes in the four-game competition.
Here’s his elevator snapshot: http://twitter.com/JohnnyQuinnUSA/status/432893172084379649
And here’s the link to the original door-busting photo he posted on Twitter: https://twitter.com/JohnnyQuinnUSA/status/432080704776962048
- By Tom Withers - Twitter http://twitter.com/twithersAP
Associated Press reporters will be filing dispatches about happenings in and around Sochi during the 2014 Winter Games. Follow AP journalists covering the Olympics on Twitter: http://apne.ws/1c3WMiu
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- GOP report sees ties between rich donors, green 'nonprofits'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- NAPOLITANO: Is the president incompetent or lawless?
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world