- Obama takes aim at ‘corporate deserters’
- Dick’s Sporting Goods lays off 478 PGA golf pros
- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
Alabama A&M wins foul-ridden game vs. MVSU, 91-82
Question of the Day
GREENWOOD, Miss. (AP) - Nicolas West scored 18 points and grabbed 12 rebounds- and the teams combined for 105 free throw attempts- as Alabama A&M; beat Mississippi Valley State 91-82 on Monday night.
Arthur Capers added 15 points and Demarquelle Tabb had 14 for Alabama A&M; (9-12, 6-5 Southwestern Athletic Conference).
Alabama A&M; made 32 of 49 free throws, including some key makes in the final minute, and MVSU hit 36 of 56. Six players fouled out for Alabama A&M;, including top-scorers West, Capers and Tabb. The teams combined for just 20 free throw attempts in the first half.
Jeffrey Simmons and DeAngelo Priar had 13 apiece for Mississippi Valley State (8-16, 4-7).
Alabama A&M; turned the ball over 21 times, but outshot the Delta Devils 55.1 percent to 38.2 and held a 38-28 advantage on the glass.
The all-time record for free throws attempted in one game is 130, set in 1953.
By Michael Widlanski
Leveling the battlefield to aid terrorists enables evil to fight on
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Norway expects imminent 'concrete threat' from ISIL terrorists 'within days'
- State Department indicates Nouri al-Maliki's days numbered as Iraq prime minister
- Evidence shows Russia firing artillery into Ukraine: Pentagon
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Calif. dolls were meant to spread cheer, not chill
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq