- Trafficking bust reveals worries over missing kids; minors as young as 11 found
- Catholic League slams Obama: ‘Do Christian lives mean so little to you?’
- National laboratory cancels ‘Southern Accent Reduction’ classes after outcry
- U.S. woman with Ebola is stable, improving, son says
- Belgium pushes for clear labeling of goods from Israeli settlements
- ‘Queen of Mean’ Leona Helmsley’s former home hits market for $65M
- Florida beach-goers told to beware flesh-eating bacteria in water
- Lundergan Grimes uses ‘war on women’ strategy to attack McConnell
- Rep. Jeff Miller: ‘Ain’t no leash for VA’
- Al Qaeda nets $125M from ransom payoffs from Europe since 2008
Bell powers Delaware St past Savannah St, 79-59
Question of the Day
DOVER, Del. (AP) - Tyshawn Bell scored 21 points and Delaware State got off to a fast start, rolling past Savannah State 79-59 Monday night.
Delaware has now won two straight Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference games under interim head coach Keith Walker, who was named to the job after long-time coach Greg Jackson was fired January 30 after 14 seasons and 200 career wins with the Hornets. Delaware State beat South Carolina State Saturday.
The Hornets (6-17, 2-8) roared to a 13-point lead at intermission, 40-27.
Bell was efficient on offense, hitting 7 of 9 from the field, 2 for 2 from long range and 5 for 5 from the line. DeAndre Haywood and Kendall Gray contributed 13 and 12 points, respectively. The Hornets shot 26 of 41 from the field (63.4 percent)
Jyles Smith led Savannah State (8-16, 6-4) with 13 points. The Tigers were 22 of 50 from the field (44 percent).
- Patent workers paid to exercise, shop, do chores: report
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama mum on where illegal immigrant children are sheltered
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell's wife had 'crush' on CEO
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of politicizing business
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world