- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Billings real estate broker to try Senate run
Question of the Day
HELENA, Mont. (AP) - A real estate broker from Billings says he will start gathering signatures for a possible campaign for U.S. Senate as an independent.
Sam Rankin needs the signatures of nearly 17,500 Montana voters by May 27 to qualify for the November ballot.
Rankin tells Lee Newspaper of Montana that he will know in a couple of months whether there is enough voter interest for an independent candidate.
Democratic candidate John Walsh was sworn in Tuesday as interim senator. U.S. Rep. Steve Daines is the Republican front-runner.
The 69-year-old Rankin came in fifth in the 2012 Democratic primary for Montana’s U.S. House seat.
Rankin says he believes campaign contributions amount to bribery, so he won’t take money from political-action committees or lobbyists.
TWT Video Picks
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- Houston mayor: Sorry that police put man's blind dog on road to die
- HUSAIN: Worlds grand ayatollahs rally behind Sistani
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors