- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
California plant shuts down after beef recall
Question of the Day
PETALUMA, Calif. (AP) - A California slaughterhouse at the center of a massive beef recall has voluntarily halted operations, as it tries to track down all of its beef shipments over the past year, a newspaper reported.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture announced on Saturday that the company was recalling more than 8.7 million pounds of beef products that it processed from Jan. 1, 2013 through Jan. 7, 2014 and shipped to distribution centers and retail stores in California, Florida, Illinois and Texas.
The USDA said the facility processed diseased and unhealthy animals without a full federal inspection. The agency said without a full inspection, the recalled products were unfit for human consumption. They include beef carcasses, oxtail, liver, cheeks, tripe, tongue and veal bones.
The company had previously recalled more than 40,000 pounds of meat products produced on Jan. 8 that also didn’t undergo a full inspection.
Singleton told the Press Democrat the company undertook the recall out of an abundance of caution and regrets any inconvenience to customers. He declined further comment, the newspaper reported.
Information from: The Santa Rosa Press Democrat, http://www.pressdemocrat.com
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- ISTOOK: The secret is out: 'Unaccompanied minors' are only one-fourth of illegal border-crossers
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Tony Dungy doubles down on Michael Sam remarks: 'Drafting him would bring much distraction'
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq