- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Site: Naples, Fla.
Course: The TwinEagles Club, Talon Course (7,193 yards, par 72).
Purse: $1.6 million. Winner’s share: $240,000.
Television: Golf Channel (Friday, 2:30-4:30 p.m.; Saturday, midnight-2 a.m., 3-5 p.m.; Sunday, 2:30-4:30 a.m., 3-5 p.m.; Monday, 2-4 a.m.).
Last event: Bernhard Langer won the event for the second time in three years, beating Jay Don Blake by a stroke for the first of his two 2013 titles.
Last week: Michael Allen won the Allianz Championship in Boca Raton for his sixth tour title, beating Duffy Waldorf with a birdie on the second hole of a playoff. Allen matched the tour record with an opening 60.
Notes: Langer won the season-opening event in Hawaii on Jan. 19. He shot 66-64-64 for a three-stroke victory. … In 2012, Kenny Perry won by five strokes, closing with a 70 after opening with rounds of 64 and 62. … The tour is off the next three weeks. Play will resume March 14-16 with the Toshiba Classic in Newport Beach, Calif.
EUROPEAN TOUR/SUNSHINE TOUR
Site: East London, South Africa.
Course: East London Golf Club (6,571 yards, par 72).
By Tammy Bruce
- Back to the Future: HUVr Tech marketing video goes viral with hoverboard release tease
- Aronofsky's 'Noah' banned in Qatar, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates
- Unemployment insurance vote could happen next week
- Russian lawmaker wants to outlaw U.S. dollar, calls it a Ponzi scheme
- Putin has transformed Russian army into a lean, mean fighting machine
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Two liberals say Sarah Palin is right: Obama lacks substance
- MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: Bush to blame for Ukraine
- 1M kids stop school lunch due to Michelle Obamas food standards
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again