- Rush Limbaugh: ‘There is no journalism anymore’
- Scott Brown struggles for political traction in New Hampshire Senate race
- California’s Jerry Brown cites God, ‘religious call’ to embrace illegals
- Hamid Karzai’s cousin killed by suicide bomber at Eid al-Fitr party
- Obama thanks Muslims for ‘building the very fabric of our nation’
- Israel flattens home of top Hamas leader, takes out power plant
- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
Storm leads to flight cancellations in Atlanta
Question of the Day
ATLANTA (AP) - Airline officials say hundreds of flights with Atlanta connections will be canceled because of a winter storm.
Southwest Airlines spokesman Brad Hawkins says Southwest and AirTran have canceled all flights departing from Atlanta on Wednesday. Hawkins says the exact number of flights that have been canceled is unclear, but the airlines operate about 160 departures from Atlanta daily.
Hawkins says the airlines are hoping to resume normal operations on Thursday morning.
Delta Airlines spokesman Morgan Durrant says the airline has canceled more than 1,580 flights system-wide, with a vast majority either departing or landing in Atlanta.
TWT Video Picks
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Border surge puts Obama legacy on immigration at stake
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- EPSTEIN: All IRS roads lead to the archivist
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- PRUDEN: When the hangman botches the job
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia's gay marriage ban
- KEENE: Thinking outside nanny-state box with Paul Ryan
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq