- NYT’s David Brooks: Obama has ‘manhood problem’ in Middle East
- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
UK High Court rules for widow of poisoned agent
LONDON (AP) - Britain’s High Court has backed a bid by the widow of a former Russian agent to force a public inquiry into his death from radioactive poisoning.
Three High Court judges say Home Secretary Theresa May must reconsider her decision to await the outcome of an inquest before deciding whether to hold an inquiry into the death of Russian agent-turned-Kremlin critic Alexander Litvinenko.
He died in London in 2006 after drinking tea laced with polonium-210.
A coroner’s inquest - the normal method of examining an unexplained death - has been barred from considering secret evidence about the possible role of the Russian state.
The judges said Tuesday that the British government had not given “a rational basis” for rejecting a public inquiry. The government has until Friday to seek an appeal.
TWT Video Picks
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz: Vulnerable Democrats must 'run their own race'
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
- WILLIAMS: Bill Maher, comedian or bigot?
- NYT's David Brooks: Obama has 'manhood problem' in Middle East
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.