- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Winter storm adds travel drama for Georgia team
ATHENS, Ga. (AP) - Georgia had to endure some last-minute travel changes caused by the winter storm covering much of the South before it arrived in Starkville, Miss., on Tuesday for Wednesday night’s game at Mississippi State.
On Tuesday morning, Georgia officials announced plans for the team to travel by bus when it appeared a flight would not be possible due to the predictions for snow and ice in Atlanta and Mississippi.
About 20 minutes into the bus ride, Delta gave the go-ahead for the flight from Atlanta to Columbus, Miss., according to Georgia spokesman Tim Hix. The bus then headed to the Atlanta airport instead of Interstate 20.
Hix said there were no problems on the flight to Columbus and the subsequent drive to Starkville.
Georgia coach Mark Fox said Tuesday he was determined to make it to Starkville, even “if we have to hitchhike.”
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Nancy Pelosi washes immigrants' feet in humble Holy Week act then promotes on Twitter
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.