- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
- California bans full-contact football practices in off-season
- Thune: Downed fighter jets show more evidence of separatist capabilities
- Obama tells DNC fundraising crowd: ‘I’m not overly partisan’
- Chambliss: Downed jet ultimately goes back to Putin
- Perdue strategy: Run against Reid, Obama, Pelosi
- White House: More changes to contraception mandate coming
- ‘Operation Normandy’ set to send 3,500 volunteers to border to ‘stop an invasion’
- Netanyahu’s spokesman: Safe to fly to Israel
- Oregon vandals smear cars with doughnuts, pastries, chocolate bars
Arsenal misses chance to go top in EPL
Question of the Day
LONDON (AP) - Arsenal and Manchester United played to a scoreless draw that frustrated both teams, while Liverpool beat Fulham 3-2 on Wednesday to return to the Premier League title race.
Fourth-place Liverpool came from behind twice to maintain its three-point lead over Tottenham, which won 4-0 at Newcastle. Liverpool’s last-gasp win, secured by Steven Gerrard’s penalty, left Brendan Rodgers’ side four points behind league leader Chelsea.
Arsenal missed the chance to go to the top after Chelsea’s 1-1 draw at West Bromwich Albion on Tuesday, and remained a point behind in second place.
Robin van Persie had United’s best chances on his return to Arsenal, but failed to make the most of a one-on-one in the early stages and then saw a late header saved by Wojciech Szczesny.
The result, combined with Liverpool’s win, dropped United 11 points behind the Champions League places.
Barcelona set up another Copa del Rey final against rival Real Madrid, drawing 1-1 at Real Sociedad to win their two-legged semifinal.
Real’s Antoine Griezmann scored in the waning moments to cancel out Lionel Messi’s first-half opener but the Spanish champions still reached the domestic cup final 3-1 overall.
Goalkeeper Enaut Zubikarai did his part to keep Sociedad alive at the Anoeta with several key saves but the Basque club’s attack just couldn’t respond despite Carlos Vela hitting the crossbar in the 55th.
Barcelona, the record 26-time cup champion, faces Madrid on April 19 - three years after losing to its bitter foe 1-0 in extra time in a classic final.
FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) - Striker Mario Mandzukic scored a hat trick as holder Bayern Munich beat Hamburger SV 5-0 to reach the semifinals of the German Cup.
But Bayer Leverkusen, second in the Bundesliga behind Bayern, lost 1-0 at home to second-division Kaiserslautern. Wolfsburg held on with 10 men to win 3-2 at Hoffenheim. On Tuesday, Borussia Dortmund beat Eintracht Frankfurt 1-0 to also reach the last four.
The semifinal draw immediately after the matches sent Kaiserslautern to Bayern Munich, while Dortmund will host Wolfsburg. The matches are on April 15-16.
Retailer pays a price for getting too close to Obama
- CARSON: Costco and the perils of mixing politics and business
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- David Perdue defeats Jack Kingston in Georgia Republican Senate primary runoff
- HURT: The cost of 'free' water in Detroit
- Obama orders Pentagon advisers to Ukraine
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq