- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Boston congressional hearing on bombings planned
Question of the Day
BOSTON (AP) - A Massachusetts congressman says the House Homeland Security Committee plans to hold a hearing in Boston this spring with victims of and first responders to the Boston Marathon bombings.
The Democrat says a hearing in Boston after the report comes out will give victims and first responders a chance to talk about what happened and will also allow the country to take away lessons from the response.
The hearing has not been scheduled and a location has not been picked, but Keating says he hopes it will be held before this year’s marathon scheduled for April 21.
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Bush fixed bowling lanes that Obama wants to renovate
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
- Eric Holder on Palin: 'She wasn't a particularly good vice presidential candidate'
- KISS rocker Gene Simmons touts 1 percent life: 'It's fantastic'
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs