- Pope meets Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
- Islamic State orders female genital mutilation for Mosul girls, U.N. says
- Israeli fire hits U.N. facility in Gaza, killing 15
- Obama encourages ICE to stand down, say former border agents
- Pro-Palestinian protesters attack Israeli soccer team in Austria match
- Virginia police: 2 dead after storm at campground
- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
Driver arrested in fatal SF hit-and-run crash
Question of the Day
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - San Francisco police say a driver faces felony charges in an early morning crash that killed a pedestrian, the fourth fatal pedestrian crash in the city in the past six weeks.
Officer Gordon Shyy says officers responded to the crash in the city’s Pacific Heights neighborhood a little before 1 a.m. Wednesday. The driver was caught while allegedly trying to flee the scene.
Shyy says officers arrested 27-year-old Mageb Hussain of Emeryville on suspicion of felony vehicular manslaughter and felony hit and run.
The name of the victim has not been released. Shyy says speed appears to be a factor in the collision.
Wednesday’s incident is the fourth pedestrian death involving a vehicle in six weeks. This includes a pedestrian who was struck by a car near City Hall last week and later died from his injuries.
TWT Video Picks
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Whistleblowers flood VA with lawsuits despite apology
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq