- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Duke-UNC postponed due to winter storm
Question of the Day
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) - Wednesday’s rivalry game between No. 8 Duke and North Carolina has been postponed due to a storm that brought enough snow and ice to paralyze many area roads.
The game will be played Feb. 20, though the time is still undetermined.
The postponement came about 3½ hours before the scheduled tipoff at 9:10 p.m.
UNC athletic director Bubba Cunningham said in a statement that Duke’s bus couldn’t make it to the Durham campus to pick up the Blue Devils for the 11-mile drive to Chapel Hill. He called the postponement “the best decision to make at this time” due to safety concerns.
Atlantic Coast Conference policy states that games will go on in during bad weather if teams, officials and operations staffers can make it to the venue.
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Germany wins World Cup title on Mario Goetze goal in extra time
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- Armed militia sets up Texas command center to 'fight for national sovereignty'
- 'Be a leader' Perry tells Obama to confront border crisis
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs