- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Evansville escapes Illinois State 104-98 in OT
Question of the Day
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (AP) - D.J. Balentine had 38 points and Evansville squandered a 25-point second-half lead, but escaped with a 104-98 overtime victory against Illinois State on Wednesday night.
Evansville (11-15, 4-9 Missouri Valley) trailed 98-97 in overtime when Balentine gave them the lead for good on a 3-pointer with 1:09 left.
After Illinois State (13-12, 6-7) failed to answer, Jaylon Brown made two free throws to extend the lead to 102-98. Brown, who entered the game a 44.7 percent free-throw shooter, made two more with 8 seconds left to seal the win.
Evansville extended a 54-33 halftime lead to 74-49 with 11:54 left, but the Redbirds went on a 43-17 run and took their first lead of the game at 92-91 with 58 seconds left.
Nick Zeisloft scored 18 points for ISU, which nearly surpassed its largest comeback victory in program history - a 21-point comeback against Butler on Nov. 27, 1989.
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
- PRUDEN: 'Dirty Harry' Reids increasing eccentricity
- Obama calls GOP lawsuit over executive overreach a 'political stunt'
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Hamas orders civilians to die in Israeli airstrikes
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Amid border crisis, Obama to take 15-day vacation in Martha's Vineyard
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs