- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Group urges probe in murder of Haiti activist
Question of the Day
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (AP) - An international advocacy group is calling for an investigation into the mysterious slaying of a Haitian activist and his wife.
Amnesty International said Wednesday that Haitian human rights groups fear the killing could have been political because of the violent nature of the slaying and the senior position of the activist.
Police say Daniel Dorsinvil and Girldy Lareche were killed Saturday by a lone gunman as they walked through a residential neighborhood in the capital, Port-au-Prince. Police didn’t give a motive for the killing.
Human rights groups say Dorsinvil was shot in the heart and Lareche was shot five times.
Dorsinvil was coordinator for the Platform of Haitian Human Rights Organizations.
Haitian human rights lawyers have said they are being targeted for their work lately.
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world