- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Delay shows shutdown fault Obama’s
Question of the Day
It is so ironic that President Obama has invoked yet another mandate delay in this health care business (“Obama defends delays as easing Obamacare’s burden,” Web, Feb. 11).
Recently, he had allowed the government to shut down because he would not grant a delay for which the Republicans in Congress had been advocating.
While the left likes to blame Republicans for the government shutdown, it is now obvious that the latest shutdown was caused by the president, yet Mr. Obama now by his own “pen” did exactly what Congress was asking.
The president does not have the best interests of the American people at heart. If he did, he would delay the entire Obamacare albatross.
What will it take for voters to see through his charade?
About the Author
- EDITORIAL: Red states are the 'tickled pink' states
- EDITORIAL: A Second Amendment right recognized for D.C.
- EDITORIAL: The two faces of Mark Warner
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Texas law is making women safer
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: No taxpayer funds for illegals
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By David Keene
Allowing states to innovate could reduce dependency on bureaucracy
Get Breaking Alerts
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Russia violating 1987 nuclear missile treaty
- RAHN: When money mischief goes global