- ‘Top Gun’ for drones: Squadrons of carrier-based killers have Navy’s approval
- Bill Clinton to endorse Charlie Rangel for re-election
- Pfc. Bradley Manning is now Pfc. Chelsea Manning: Court says so
- Secret base U.S. special forces used to train Libyans now under terrorist control: report
- 9th suspect in N.C. kidnapping turns self in to FBI
- L.A. sheriff admits to testing flyover spy program without notifying residents
- Foreign minister vows response if Russians are attacked in Ukraine
- Robert Griffin III to drive pace car before Richmond NASCAR race
- Material on Australian shore examined in jet hunt
- Bomb, shooting in Egypt kills 2 police officers
LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Treatment of Pakistani hard-liners’ foes is chilling
Karachi residents have long suspected that hard-line political parties in Pakistan are encouraging entities to take over the country.
The Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) is center-left, liberal and the largest party in the largest city in Pakistan. This party, which represents the oppressed middle and lower-middle classes, is currently suffering police extortion, brutality and extrajudicial killings.
Traditionally, Pakistan’s rigid political parties have suffered embarrassing defeats at the ballot box in Karachi. Many speculate the only way they have a chance to takeover Karachi is by committing a massacre of the Mohajir nation.
I would like to remind those who say this of the consequences of Operation Blue Fox in 1992, the bloodiest period in Karachi’s history. Hundreds of thousands of dedicated workers of the MQM were killed or went missing during this period.
Recent extortion against the MQM made news when one of its workers, Fahad Aziz, was arrested at his wedding and brutally beaten by the police. Moreover, the MQM says 45 of its party workers are still missing.
This is a matter of grave concern for the stability of Pakistan. Where the MQM is the only political party fighting against religious terrorism in Pakistan and struggling for the stability of a beloved country, such inhuman actions against it are self-explanatory.
About the Author
- EDITORIAL: Downsize bloated National Park Service
- EDITORIAL: Court strikes blow for campus colorblindness on affirmative action
- EDITORIAL: Voting with one's feet shows folly of liberal economic policies
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Pelosi's foot-washing backwash
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: When disobeying orders saves lives
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
Get Breaking Alerts
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, ripped as lawless deadbeat
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with 'full-time' robots
- Georgia governor signs bill expanding gun rights
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- Texas is next! AG warns BLM wants 90,000 acres after Bundy ranch standoff
- Professor apologizes after blasting Republicans in class
- Justice Dept.'s new clemency guidelines: Crack offenders most obvious candidates
- Ukraine claims torture by pro-Russian forces on the heels of Biden's stern warning to Moscow
- Ministry of Truth: SCOTUS skeptical of law to police campaign 'lies'