- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
- Israel’s ambassador praises Obama, slams Human Rights Watch report
MU gets $6.7M for documentary journalism program
Question of the Day
COLUMBIA, Mo. (AP) - A leader in the reality TV genre is donating $6.7 million for the University of Missouri-Columbia to create a program in documentary journalism.
The university on Tuesday announced the donation from journalism school graduate Jonathan Murray. Murray has created and been executive producer for unscripted entertainment TV programs such as MTV’s “The Real World.” He is chairman of Bunim/Murray Productions.
The university plans to offer the program for undergraduate and graduate students. It will have three new faculty positions with visiting professionals working in documentary journalism. The undergraduate program will start in fall 2015. The start date for the master’s degree program has not been decided. Students are to get hands-on experience through projects and assignments.
The school also plans an annual summer workshop.
TWT Video Picks
U.S. appetite for drugs begets violence migrants are fleeing
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Hamas terrorists wear Israeli army uniforms to ambush soldiers in Gaza
- Rick Perry: County jails in Texas have taken in 203,000 "criminal aliens"
- Jewish woman booted from JetBlue flight over fight with Palestinian
- Rep. Jared Polis' anti-fracking crusade riles Colorado
- MERRY: Handicaps in Hillary's way
- YOUNG: A sinking presidency, deeper after November?
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq