- Michigan man among first in U.S. to get ‘bionic eye’
- JetBlue pilots vote to unionize; 2 previous attempts failed
- Pentagon plans to replace flight crews with ‘full-time’ robots
- Navy’s military dolphins may meet Putin’s porpoises in Black Sea
- Forget the Porsche — it’s the guy with the Prius that attracts the ladies, poll shows
- Fired Russian Facebook CEO says site has fallen in the hands of pro-Putin supporters
- Sen. Boozman of Arkansas has emergency heart surgery
- Brazil embraces drones to save the Amazon rain forest
- Teen stowaway shows holes in vast airport security
- Supreme Court to decide if passports can say ‘Jerusalem, Israel’
Napoli beats Roma to reach Italian Cup final
NAPLES, Italy (AP) - Napoli humiliated Roma 3-0 on Wednesday to progress 5-3 on aggregate to the Italian Cup final against Fiorentina.
Jose Maria Callejon headed in Cristian Maggio’s cross to give Napoli the lead shortly after the half hour mark against last year’s runners-up.
The goal would have seen Napoli progress on away goals after its 3-2 defeat in Rome last week.
Callejon almost doubled his tally immediately after the restart when he forced a fantastic fingertip save from former Napoli goalkeeper Morgan De Sanctis.
The resulting corner was flicked on for Gonzalo Higuain to head into the top corner.
Jorginho sealed the result three minutes later after a deft pass from Dries Mertens sent him clean through on goal.
Kevin Strootman - who scored a memorable goal last week from more than 30 meters - was sent off 11 minutes from time after two bookings in quick succession to cap a miserable night for Roma.
Strootman was handed his first yellow card for a tackle on Callejon, and was then immediately shown another for sarcastically applauding the referee’s decision.
Fiorentina beat Udinese 2-0 on Tuesday to secure a 3-2 win on aggregate.
Feds who send arms against ranch families betray American values
- CARSON: When government looks more like foe than friend
- Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy hailed as patriot, renegade
- Tactical advantage: Russian military shows off impressive new gear
- IRS revokes conservative group's tax-exempt status over anti-Clinton statements: report
- America is an oligarchy, not a democracy or republic, university study finds
- ORTEL: Putin sees opportunities as Obama turns away
- Inside China: Marine's comment on islands draws sharp Chinese response
- Supreme Court upholds Michigan affirmative action ban
- Michelle Obama: Obama family Sundays are more for napping than church
- Bonuses given to IRS employes who owed back taxes
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.