- Senators: Cease-fire must allow Israel to defend against rockets, tunnels
- Sierra Leone doctor fighting Ebola catches disease
- Iraq welcomes Russian fighter jets, helicopter gunships into ISIL fight
- John McCain laments: Obama’s ‘self-pity … is really kind of sad’
- GOP offer to fix VA gives $10 billion in emergency funds
- Paul Ryan offers to repair U.S. economic safety net with a single grant stream
- Kim Jong-un builds bond with Putin: $250M Russia-backed addition to key port opens
- Pope Francis meets Meriam Ibrahim, a Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Detroit porch shooting trial: Suspect says he didn’t know gun was loaded
- U.S. Navy admiral ‘receptive’ to giving Chinese counterpart a tour of carrier
Napoli beats Roma to reach Italian Cup final
Question of the Day
NAPLES, Italy (AP) - Napoli humiliated Roma 3-0 on Wednesday to progress 5-3 on aggregate to the Italian Cup final against Fiorentina.
Jose Maria Callejon headed in Cristian Maggio’s cross to give Napoli the lead shortly after the half hour mark against last year’s runners-up.
The goal would have seen Napoli progress on away goals after its 3-2 defeat in Rome last week.
Callejon almost doubled his tally immediately after the restart when he forced a fantastic fingertip save from former Napoli goalkeeper Morgan De Sanctis.
The resulting corner was flicked on for Gonzalo Higuain to head into the top corner.
Jorginho sealed the result three minutes later after a deft pass from Dries Mertens sent him clean through on goal.
Kevin Strootman - who scored a memorable goal last week from more than 30 meters - was sent off 11 minutes from time after two bookings in quick succession to cap a miserable night for Roma.
Strootman was handed his first yellow card for a tackle on Callejon, and was then immediately shown another for sarcastically applauding the referee’s decision.
Fiorentina beat Udinese 2-0 on Tuesday to secure a 3-2 win on aggregate.
The subsidies are a hit with patients who don't exist
- Hamas rejects Kerry's call for cease-fire; Fears grow others could join fight against Israel
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Obama's empty tough-talk: Gun prosecutions plummet on his watch
- Obama says public not familiar enough with issues
- Conservative groups decry Democrats' 'war on women' tactic
- House panel OKs resolution to sue president for Obamacare delays
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- Astronaut shares 'saddest photo' from space: Bombs bursting over Israel, Gaza
- EDITORIAL: Obamacare enrollees faking for freebies
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq