- Ted Cruz thanks Obama for denying visas to terrorists
- Survivors recall chaos, fear in Everest avalanche
- General Mills apologizes for ‘right to sue’ confusion, reverses policy
- Dealer wanted in U.S. for art fraud nabbed in Spain
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Boxer Rubin ‘Hurricane’ Carter dies at 76
- Probe could complicate Rick Perry’s prospects
- Ukraine, Russia trade blame for eastern shootout
- Obamas head to church on Easter morning
- In Colorado, a pot holiday tries to go mainstream
Plans in place for 4-team basketball trip in 2018
DETROIT (AP) - Michigan State athletic director Mark Hollis says the Spartans will join North Carolina, Texas and Florida in December 2018 for a coast-to-coast basketball event that will include games in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles.
The games are expected to take place Dec. 15, 18 and 22 at Madison Square Garden, United Center and Staples Center. Teams will fly together between cities, taking part in various cultural activities along the way. Hollis says each school has agreed to participate, and the event will take place after finals for all of them, so it won’t interfere much with academics.
Michigan State has been part of some innovative ideas in the past, including a 2011 game against North Carolina on an aircraft carrier.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Justice at last: 'Evil woman' outed for grabbing girl's game ball
- CHARLES: Holder's undermining of the law deserving of contempt
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- EDITORIAL: Republicans finally fight back in phony 'war on women'
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.