- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Poll: Warner up six points on Gillespie in Virginia Senate match-up
Mr. Warner leads Mr. Gillespie, a former chairman of the Republican National Committee, 44 percent to 38 percent, according to the automated poll from the Republican firm Harper Polling conducted for the conservative-leaning American Action Network.
Mr. Warner, first elected to the Senate in 2008, has held double-digit leads in other public polling on the race, but Mr. Gillespie and Republicans have been counting on public dissatisfaction with President Obama’s health care law to put the seat in play.
Fifty-two percent of likely voters in the poll have an unfavorable view of Obamacare and 37 percent have a favorable view.
News of the poll was first reported by Politico.
Three other Republican candidates have filed to vie for the GOP nomination at a convention in Roanoke in June: Capitol Hill policy adviser Tony DeTora, retired Air Force pilot Shak Hill, and businessman Chuck Moss.
The automated telephone survey of 936 likely 2014 voters was conducted from Feb. 4-5 and has a margin of error of 3.6 percentage points.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
David Sherfinski covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Palin dings Obama, calls for conservative reinforcements in Washington
- CPAC 2014: Carson 'not sure' what God has in store for him
- CPAC 2014: Gingrich says it's time for a 'big rebellion on the battlefield of ideas'
- CPAC 2014: Bachmann says country will elect 'right' female president
- CPAC 2014: Santorum: GOP needs positive message to counter Obama
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- Paul takes veiled shot at Cruz, says GOP must focus on growth
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- CPAC 2014 straw poll results
- CARSON: Why did the founders give us the Second Amendment?
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again