- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Poll: Warner up six points on Gillespie in Virginia Senate match-up
Mr. Warner leads Mr. Gillespie, a former chairman of the Republican National Committee, 44 percent to 38 percent, according to the automated poll from the Republican firm Harper Polling conducted for the conservative-leaning American Action Network.
Mr. Warner, first elected to the Senate in 2008, has held double-digit leads in other public polling on the race, but Mr. Gillespie and Republicans have been counting on public dissatisfaction with President Obama’s health care law to put the seat in play.
Fifty-two percent of likely voters in the poll have an unfavorable view of Obamacare and 37 percent have a favorable view.
News of the poll was first reported by Politico.
Three other Republican candidates have filed to vie for the GOP nomination at a convention in Roanoke in June: Capitol Hill policy adviser Tony DeTora, retired Air Force pilot Shak Hill, and businessman Chuck Moss.
The automated telephone survey of 936 likely 2014 voters was conducted from Feb. 4-5 and has a margin of error of 3.6 percentage points.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
David Sherfinski covers politics for The Washington Times. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Michael Bloomberg charts $50M challenge to NRA: 'Got to make them afraid'
- McAuliffe's PAC off to fast start, with $254,000 raised in two weeks
- Virginia Republican Bob Marshall stands by remarks that raise eyebrows
- Obama urged to enforce ban on importing military-style firearms
- Va. Senate approves Medicaid expansion, but budget stands no chance in House
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- HURT: Wilson and Obama ... 100 years apart, but so alike
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.