- Military bans troops from Baptist church event honoring ‘God’s Rescue Squad’
- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
BRUCE: Barack Obama is the ‘Mrs. Fletcher’ of politics
Wherever the president goes, trouble follows
Question of the Day
First, it’s important that you know I think President Obama was born in the United States. I also think he may be the love child of the television character Mrs. Jessica Fletcher of “Murder, She Wrote.”
Think about it: Wherever Mrs. Fletcher went, someone ended up dead. Wherever Mr. Obama goes, a part of America gets punched in the face, falls into a coma or dies. Oh, sure, both characters seem nice enough, but inviting either to dinner (or to run the country) portends something disastrous.
When Mr. Obama received the Nobel Peace Prize for waking up one morning, we should have known it would invite chaos. They give him the prize, he lobs missiles into Libya, loses Afghanistan and Iraq and Libya to al Qaeda, sides with a tyrant against the Egyptian people, and draws a faux “red line” for Syria (did he hear it in a movie?), managing to make Bashar Assad even more powerful than he was before.
Ask the Syrian people (those who haven’t been gassed to death yet), what they think of Mr. Obama’s foreign-policy prowess.
Recently, a Reuters report wondered if the Japan-China relationship was “at its worst.” Well, if Mr. Obama’s track record continues, it will be soon.
The White House has announced the president will visit Japan, South Korea, Malaysia and the Philippines in April. This is like having Mrs. Fletcher over for a banquet. Then asking her to stay the night. Seriously, it’s time to pray for the entire region.
When Mr. Obama said he was going to fundamentally transform the United States of America, anyone who understood leftist history knew to take him seriously.
History shows us that leftists don’t like success, happiness or stability, so unfortunately for us, the hope and change the president had in mind was more in the liberal wheelhouse of hoping for things would change the worse. Boy, what a success he’s been.
During his presidency, the downward spiral of America has been so swift Mr. Obama must be hearing that whistling sound familiar until now only to Wile E. Coyote as he plunges off the cliff.
Being dubbed “President Downgrade” after presiding over the nation’s first credit downgrade in history would have been bad for any president, but for Mr. Obama, it’s not bad enough, as he works diligently for the more appropriate sobriquet “President Crash and Burn.”
Just this week, Reporters Without Borders released its 2014 World Press Freedom rankings, revealing U.S. press freedom crashing under the Obama regime.
In the 21st century, the nation that was the first to define and implement freedom of the press as a fundamental principle of a free people, is now ranked 46th in the world. As The Wire so perceptibly put it, “Of the 180 countries ranked, the home of the First Amendment now sits snuggled between Romania and Haiti.”
It’s not just freedom of speech that’s being bundled off to a hospice. The 2014 Index of Economic Freedom was released just last month, revealing the United States has dropped from the Top 10 freest economies.
In its report, the Heritage Foundation attributes this shocking development to “particularly large losses in property rights, freedom from corruption, and control of government spending. … Substantial expansion in the size and scope of government, including through new and costly regulations in areas like finance and health care, has contributed significantly to the erosion of U.S. economic freedom.”
The National Review reminds us when Mr. Obama took office in 2009, we were the sixth-freest economy. Now? We’re 12th.
TWT Video Picks
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Get Breaking Alerts
- 'We're coming for you, Barack Obama': Top U.S. official discloses threat from ISIL terrorists
- Russia shipping sophisticated weapons systems to Ukraine separatists
- NAPOLITANO: What if our democracy is a fraud?
- 'Pocket drones': U.S. Army developing tiny spies for the next big war
- Michelle Obama says money in politics is bad, asks donors for 'big, fat check'
- EDITORIAL: Detroit's water 'spigot bigots'
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is 'torture'
- Brian Kelly, Notre Dame ready for different route to title
- White House readies for House GOP impeachment push: 'Foolish' to ignore
- Presidents of Honduras, Guatemala blame U.S. for border children crisis