- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
GOP loves Democrat? Not likely: Poll finds politics matter when choosing a sweetheart
Question of the Day
Let’s talk about voter sentiment. Conservatives: would you want to cozy up to a liberal Valentine? And Democrats, would you have a Republican sweetheart? Well, maybe not.
Among all American voters, 53 percent say it’s important that their romantic partners share their political views. So says a new Fox News poll of registered voters released just in time for Valentine's Day.
Some have more of that sentiment than others.
Among tea partiers, the number is 73 percent. And among Republicans, 60 percent say politics matters in the matter of amour, compared to 51 percent of Democrats. Among conservatives, 57 percent say it’s important, along with 49 percent of liberals.
Incidentally 53 percent overall look forward to Valentine's Day, compared to 46 percent who don’t.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
- Alaska's language challenge: translating tax forms into Siberian Yupik (at $50 an hour)
- Third time the charm? Americans wish certain presidents had stayed beyond two terms
- Inside the Beltway: Republican posse rides out to fire Harry Reid
- The border crisis could prove a 'big boost' for Republicans as the midterms approach
- Some federal help for old American battlefields: $1.3 million to spruce them up
Latest Blog Entries
- A startling 20 percent of Democratic lawmakers already endorse Hillary Clinton for president
- Hey food police: calling obesity a 'disease' is actually a health risk
- Cheese and an 'enhanced experience': White House goes showbiz on the State of the Union address
- Cruz calls it a 'circus': the State of the Union spectacle begins
- Half of American fans say God and 'supernatural' forces are in play during sports events
TWT Video Picks
Get Breaking Alerts
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- PHILLIPS: Once-in-a-century stupidity
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'