- Extra-time goal gives Germany World Cup title over Argentina
- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
Kermit Gosnell’s abortion assistant sentenced to prison
Question of the Day
Steven Massof, the 51-year-old assistant to abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell, was sentenced to several years in prison for killing two babies who had been born alive.
CBS reported that Massof, who worked with the now-famous Gosnell at the Women's Medical Society in West Philadelphia, was sentenced to 6 to 12 years.
Massof was a medical school graduate, but did not have a license or certificate to perform the procedure. He nonetheless worked as a doctor at the same facility as Gosnell, who was recently sentenced to life in prison for killing several babies born alive in botched abortions at the city clinic.
Massof pleaded guilty to third-degree murder, conspiracy, corrupt organizations and conspiracy to commit corrupt organization charges back in 2011, CBS said.
© Copyright 2014 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.
About the Author
Cheryl Chumley is a continuous news writer for The Washington Times. Previously, she was part of the start-up team for The Washington Times’ digital aggregation product, Times247. She’s also a 2008-2009 Robert Novak journalism fellow with The Phillips Foundation. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Couple, 3 kids among 7 killed in Massachusetts apartment fire
- Californian who sold secret to China sentenced to 15 years in prison
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: 'Get yourself some firearms'
- Angry mom to Obama: Feds let illegal immigrant stay and 'KILL my son!'
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: 'We cannot afford to wait on Congress' for immigration
Latest Blog Entries
TWT Video Picks
By Robert N. Tracci
Congress must use its appropriations power to secure the border
- DOJ investigates Nebraska parade float critical of Obama
- A 'new Cold War': China's top paper warns of 'slippery slope' towards conflict with U.S.
- Agency scrubs Malia Obama photos at White House's request: report
- Violent gang MS-13 taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Emeryville, Calif., police chief: Guns aren't for defense
- CURL: The hypocrisy of Obama's 15-day Vineyard vacation
- Pentagon's self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- New York City creates ID card so 500K illegal immigrants can get services
- Economists see signs of another market bubble
- Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi formerly a U.S. captive
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq
World Cup's sexiest WAGs