- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Plum leads Washington women past Colorado 87-80
BOULDER, Colo. (AP) - Kelsey Plum scored 18 of her 25 points in the second half and Jazmine Davis added 24 to lead the Washington women past Colorado 87-80 Friday night.
Plum scored five straight points, extending the UW lead to 81-71 with 1:29 to play. Colorado (14-10, 4-9 Pac-12) responded over the next 26 seconds with a 7-0 run, including five consecutive from Jen Reese, to pull within three, but the Huskies made 6 of 6 free throws in the final 32 seconds to seal the victory.
Colorado jumped out to a 9-2 lead about 3 minutes into the game, but a 3 by Davis with 13:38 left in the half capped a 14-2 run by Washington (14-10, 7-6), giving the Huskies a 16-11 lead.
The first half featured 12 lead changes and six ties and the Buffalos took a 40-39 lead into halftime.
Jamee Swan led Colorado with a career-high 25 points.
By returning to Christian roots, the nation can achieve greatness once again
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Fuel-filled wings, ability to swarm: Pentagon offers glimpse at future of drone fleet
- WEBER: Obamacare cuts home healthcare for millions of seniors
- UNICEF launches 'Mr. Poo' mascot in India to curb public defecation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.