- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Sochi Olympics: Swedes lose Zetterberg, beat Swiss
“I’m not going to rip my guys,” Simpson said.
The Swiss (1-1) may have to win in the qualification round to reach the quarterfinals even if they beat the Jaromir Jagr-led Czechs on Saturday to finish second in their group.
Swiss goalie Reto Berra stopped 30 shots, starting in place of Jonas Hiller.
Simpson said Hiller will face the Czechs in both team’s final preliminary-round matchup, adding he’ll make his choice in net on a game-by-game basis.
In the second game for both teams, the Swiss got off to a strong start. They outshot Sweden 13-5 in the first and didn’t have anything to show for it after the scoreless period.
Sweden bounced back with a better second period with almost twice as many shots as the Swiss in the period, but it was still scoreless. In the end, the Swedes made the saves and skated hard.
“He’s one of the most-skilled players I’ve ever seen,” Marts said. “He’s so smart and his hands are still really good.”
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
- Kim Jong-un calls for execution of 33 Christians
- Rand Paul wins 2014 CPAC straw poll, Ted Cruz finishes a distant second
- Bill Clinton cashes in on struggling nonprofit hospital
- EDITORIAL: As jobs vanish, Obama wants more of same
- Stolen European passports on Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777
- Obama engages in Ukraine diplomacy from Fla. resort as Russia digs in
- U.S. pilot scares off Iranians with 'Top Gun'-worthy stunt: 'You really ought to go home'
- PRUDEN: Likening Putin to Hitler on Ukraine shows Hillary's shaky grasp of history
- Bill Clinton poses for photo with Bunny Ranch prostitutes
- Russias Putin nominated for Nobel Peace Prize
Pope Francis meets his 'mini-me'
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Winter storm hits states — again