- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
Eastern Michigan stops high-scoring Toledo 65-44
Question of the Day
YPSILANTI, Mich. (AP) - Da'Shonte Riley had seven blocked shots to anchor Eastern Michigan's dominant 2-3 zone in a 65-44 victory over Toledo on Saturday.
With the MAC's top defense at 62.8 points per game, EMU (15-10, 7-5 Mid-American) held Toledo to 14 of 54 from the field (25.9 percent).
Toledo (21-4, 9-3) entered the game first in the MAC and 11th in the nation in scoring offense (83.3 ppg), but the 44 points were 23 less than its previous season low of 67.
Eastern Michigan scored nine straight in the second half to go ahead 35-24 with 13:50 to go.
Jonathan Williams brought Toledo within 47-40 on a 3-pointer with 4:54 to go, but the Rockets would get no closer as EMU ended the game on an 18-4 run
Mike Talley and Karrington Ward each had 13 points for Eastern Michigan, while Julius Brown and Williams each had 13 points for Toledo.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Obama: 'Not a new Cold War,' but new Russia sanctions announced
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- Murdered teen texted boyfriend: 'OMG ... I think I'm being kidnapped'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in defamation case
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world