- Obama not worried about Ebola at upcoming African summit in D.C.
- Obama: ‘We tortured some folks’ after 9/11
- Obama administration asked whole D.C. Circuit to take on major Obamacare case
- Mark Levin: Topple GOP leadership or country will ‘unravel’
- Massachusetts to let police chief deny gun buys to those deemed unfit
- John Kerry condemns attack on Israeli soldiers, kidnapping
- U.S. starts to evacuate American Ebola patients from West Africa: Report
- Geraldo slammed as ‘dummy’ for backing Clinton’s bin Laden claim
- Israeli spokesman: No need to debate who broke the cease-fire
- 35 Palestinians killed; Israeli officer missing
Indians sign RH Aaron Harang to minor league deal
Question of the Day
GOODYEAR, Ariz. (AP) - The Cleveland Indians signed right-hander Aaron Harang to a minor-league deal on Saturday and invited him to camp.
The 35-year-old Harang went 5-11 with a 5.76 earned run average for the Seattle Mariners last season. He started 22 games and had a pair of shutouts. After being released, he signed with the New York Mets and went 0-1 in four starts with a 3.52 ERA.
Harang has pitched for six teams during his 12-year career. He was the Cincinnati Reds’ opening day starter for five consecutive seasons from 2006-10. He led the NL with 16 wins, six complete games and 216 strikeouts in 2006.
After leaving Cincinnati, he went 14-7 with a 3.64 ERA for San Diego in 2011, and 10-10 with a 3.61 ERA for the Los Angeles Dodgers in 2012.
By Orrin G. Hatch
Procedural changes impede the chamber's traditional deliberative function
- Border agents cleared of civil rights complaints from illegal immigrant children
- Ben Carson takes major step toward presidential campaign
- U.N. condemns Israel, U.S. for not sharing Iron Dome with Hamas
- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Porn-surfing feds blame boredom, lack of work for misbehavior
- House GOP resurrects border bill, predicts successful Friday vote
- Feds raid S.C. home to seize Land Rover in EPA emission-control crackdown
- Ted Nugent slams 'lying freaks' at liberal media: I'm 'doing God's work'
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Pentagon wants extra $19M to equip, train Ukrainian troops
Top 10 U.S. military helicopters
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors