- Beretta leaves Maryland over gun laws, heads for Tennessee
- Neal Boortz defends Hillary Clinton for representing child rapist
- House task force to recommend National Guard on border, faster deportations
- Top federal judge uses pizza to explain complex Obamacare situation
- Obama, Biden overhaul job training programs
- Drought-plagued Californians turn to paint to keep lawns green
- ISIL now forcing Iraqi shopkeepers to veil mannequins in Mosul
- 11 parents of Nigeria’s abducted girls die
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Turkish P.M. Erdogan won’t speak to Obama, but he’ll take calls from Biden
Russian skicross racer Komissarova breaks spine
Question of the Day
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia — Russian officials say Olympic skicross racer Maria Komissarova broke and dislocated her spine while training Saturday and underwent emergency surgery.
Komissarova was brought to a hospital near the Rosa Khutor Extreme Park and the decision was made to operate there instead of transporting her down the mountain.
The 23-year-old Russian was practicing on a sunny morning on the 1,200-meter course, which has sharply banked turns and big jumps.
International ski federation spokeswoman Jenny Wiedeke says the accident occurred on a series of jumps near the top of the course and that Komissarova fell while exiting the third jump. Komissarova was taken by sled to the medical services tent, and from there to the hospital.
The team doctor, Mirzali Samedov, says the skier has a broken and dislocated spine.
The president could pay the full price for ignoring Congress
- IRS seeks help destroying another 3,200 computer hard drives
- D.C. appeals panel deals big blow to Obamacare subsidies
- Beretta moving to Tennessee over Maryland gun laws
- Gen. James Amos, Marine Corps commandant, slams Obama's handling of Iraq
- 'Straight White Guy Festival' supposedly set for Ohio park
- LYONS: Small-arms treaty, big Second Amendment threat
- Pentagon team dispatched to Ukraine amid crisis with Russia
- Obama family set to buy $4.25M desert home in California: report
- PRUDEN: A deadly enemy within exacerbating immigration crisis
- DEACE: How to go from civil rights icon to bigot in one quote
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq