- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
- 3 African leaders cancel trip to U.S. over Ebola outbreak; Obama still plans summit
Stewart leads Rider past Fairfield 71-62
Question of the Day
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) - Daniel Stewart scored eight of his 20 points with less than 5 minutes to play to lead Rider past Fairfield 71-62 on Saturday.
Stewart made one of two free throws to give the Broncs a 58-57 lead with 5:06 remaining. The Broncs then closed on a 13-5 run with Stewart scoring eight points and Jimmie Taylor chipping in five. There were seven lead changes in the second half and neither team held more than a four-point lead until the Broncs closing run.
Stewart was 5 of 9 from the field, made 10 of 12 free throws and grabbed seven rebounds. Taylor finished with 19 points on 7-of-11 shooting, including three 3-pointers. Kahlil Thomas added 12 points for Rider (13-12, 9-7 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference), which snapped a three-game losing skid.
Maurice Barrow scored 22 points and Marcus Gilbert added 20 to lead Fairfield (5-22, 2-14).
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Inside the Ring: Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
- GOP leaders delay border bill, leave Obama in control
- Army's 3-D printed bombs to create 'a whole new universe' of lethal capabilities
- CIA admits improperly hacking Senate computers in search of Bush-era information
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- CRUZ: A tale of two hospitals: One in Israel, one in Gaza
- Report: 40% of weapons sent to Afghanistan are unaccounted for
- U.S. troops told not to eat, drink in front of Muslims during Ramadan
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Israel surprised by Hamas tunnel network
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world