- Spain evacuates staff from embassy in Libya
- Peace Corps evacuates over Ebola fears; 2 volunteers isolated
- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
Gusty weather bringing more rain, wind
Question of the Day
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) - Wind gusts have knocked down branches and caused power outages in coastal Oregon and the Willamette Valley, and forecasters say more is on the way.
The National Weather Service says gusts could approach 70 mph on beaches and 60 mph in north and central Oregon coastal communities on Monday. A high-wind warning remains in effect until late Tuesday.
KGW-TV reports (http://bit.ly/1gNxvgZ ) Portland International Airport lost power from 2 a.m. to 5 a.m., but backup generators took over and flights were not disrupted.
Flooded river basins took on 2 inches of rain over the weekend, prompting flooding in some areas, while landslides and rock slides blocked roads in the Columbia River Gorge and northwest Portland.
TWT Video Picks
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- 'Big Bang' star Mayim Bialik helps send bulletproof vests to IDF
- House votes to sue President Obama over claims of presidential power
- Obama's brother wears Hamas scarf bearing anti-Israel slogans in photo
- EDITORIAL: The real Lois Lerner exposed in newly released emails
- Star witness in Bob McDonnell corruption trial refutes 'crush' defense
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world