- ‘I Am Alive’ app gains popularity in terror-ravaged Lebanon
- Gun giveaways gain popularity among Republican candidates
- S.C. hospital worker slapped with $525 federal fine for refilling $0.89 soda
- Teen from ‘Jihad Jane’ plot becomes youngest ever to serve time on U.S. terror charges
- Iranian woman forgives son’s killer at the gallows
- Nebraska principal sorry for ‘don’t tattle’ flier
- Illinois readies to spend $100M for Obama museum in Chicago
- John Edwards back in court — this time as a lawyer for Va. boy’s malpractice case
- Covered California reports more than 200K in overtime Obamacare sign-ups
- Thanks, Chuck: Hagel says U.S. sending Ukraine sleeping mats, helmets
Ingram scores 38, NCCU over Savannah St. 76-62
SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP) - Jeremy Ingram had career-high 38 points on Monday night as North Carolina Central got its 20th win of the season with a 76-62 victory over Savannah State.
Ingram was 10 of 20 from the field and 16 of 17 from the free-throw line to surpass his previous career high of 37 which he achieved against No. 3 Wichita State on Dec. 22.
NCCU (20-5, 11-1 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) jumped ahead 15-7 and never trailed.
Savannah State (9-17, 7-5) closed within 24-21, but NCCU responded with an 8-2 run and led 39-31 at halftime.
Jay Copeland added 17 points and 12 rebounds for the Eagles, who won their 12th straight and stayed two games ahead of Hampton for first place in the MEAC.
Deven Williams had 18 points, Joshua Montgomery scored 11 and Keierre Richards added 10 for the Tigers, who never got closer than within eight points in the second.
By Joy Overbeck
Redemption by government is futile
- Joe Biden's first Instagram pic mocked as shill for sunglass ad
- Obama taunts GOP, takes nationally televised victory lap on Obamacare
- Jews being told to register in Ukraine: John Kerry
- Cliven Bundy's Nevada ranch wrecked by retreating feds
- BOLTON: A 'three-state solution' for Middle East peace
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- IRS emails reveal discussion with Justice about suing nonprofits for election activities
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.