- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Man charged in connection to player death case
JACKSON, Tenn. (AP) - Police have charged a Tennessee man with trying to coerce a witness in the deaths last month of an Arkansas State football player and his stepfather.
Police in Jackson, where the shootings happened Jan. 15, say 19-year-old Roddarous Bond of Murfreesboro is charged with attempted coercion of a witness and is scheduled for arraignment Tuesday.
The football player, 21-year-old Markel Owens, and 36-year-old Johnny Shivers were killed in the shootings, and Owens’ mother, 37-year-old Chermaine Owens, was injured.
Charged with two counts of felony murder are two cousins from Jackson, 22-year-old Derrick Wade and 19-year-old Johnny Wade. They are also charged with especially aggravated robbery, attempted first-degree murder, aggravated assault of Shivers’ 16-year-old son and tampering with evidence.
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
- Scalia to students on high taxes: At a certain point, 'perhaps you should revolt'
- Former Ranger breaks silence on Pat Tillman death: I may have killed him
- Special Forces' suicide rates hit record levels casualties of 'hard combat'
- Feds approve powdered alcohol; 'Palcohol' available later this year
- EDITORIAL: Mark Warner running scared?
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- EDITORIAL: More Lerner smoking-gun emails at IRS
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Harry Reid blasts Bundy ranch supporters as 'domestic terrorists'
- 'Deport Bieber' petition draws no comment from White House
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.