- House passes VA reform compromise
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
Pants forgotten in Minn. reach groom in Costa Rica
Question of the Day
WAYZATA, Minn. (AP) - A Minnesota clothier spared no expense after a customer forgot his wedding pants in a changing room and flew off to get married in Costa Rica.
FedEx, UPS and airline package services couldn’t help, so Judd Frost put his 32-year-old daughter on a plane to hand-deliver the $500 tan gabardine suit pants, the Star Tribune reported (http://strib.mn/1e1EDli ).
After 11 hours of flying Sunday and a bumpy ride on back roads, Jessie Frost reached the beachfront resort of Las Brisas, where Jason Anderson, 32, of Maple Grove, and Heather Spaeth, 32, were preparing for a destination wedding Monday.
Neither the bride nor groom knew his pants were missing until Judd Frost reached the bride via Facebook on Sunday afternoon. They were just as surprised to hear a special courier was en route from the high-end Judd Frost Clothiers in the Minneapolis suburb of Wayzata.
The bride emailed him: “We are incredibly speechless.”
The groom brought his $1,300 suit jacket and vest, tailored white-patterned shirt, lavender paisley tie, alligator belt and cuff links all zipped into a garment bag. But the vest obscured a hanger that should have held the pants.
“I didn’t want them to try and find something else. He is really hard to fit. He’s a big kid,” Judd Frost said.
“It’s a big day for them,” he said. “We certainly weren’t going to disappoint them.”
Information from: Star Tribune, http://www.startribune.com
TWT Video Picks
- Geraldo Rivera: Matt Drudge 'doing his best to stir up a civil war'
- Catholic League slams Obama: 'Do Christian lives mean so little to you?'
- Al Gore's climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Lois Lerner hated conservatives, new emails show
- HURT: Impeaching Obama is a losing strategy for the GOP
- MSNBC's Ronan Farrow questions lack of racial diversity in emoji characters
- CARSON: Rudderless U.S. foreign policy
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Obama vows veto of House border bill
- ISTOOK: Get ready for super-priced burgers due to NLRB decree
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world