- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
- U.N. rights chief: Flight MH17 downing possible war crime
Separate fires kill 2 Ohioans in their 80s
Question of the Day
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Authorities say two Ohioans in their 80s have died in separate house fires.
Columbus fire officials say hoarding conditions limited access to a disabled man on the second floor of a house fire Sunday. Firefighters say 84-year-old James Shields, who used a wheelchair, died in the fire Sunday night.
Neighbors said Shields lived alone in the house. Officials believe a space heater may have started the blaze.
Earlier on Sunday, an 89-year-old woman died when fire destroyed her mobile home near Danville in Knox County, about 60 miles northeast of Columbus.
The victim was identified as Clair Vance. Two other women escaped the fire and were being treated at a Columbus hospital.
The cause was unknown. The state fire marshal’s office is investigating.
TWT Video Picks
By Scott Pinsker
- Illegal immigrants demand representation in White House meetings
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Babson College, BYU win top spots in Money magazine's college rankings
- Tennessee Gov. Haslam slams White House for secret dump of illegals in his state
- Iraqi Christians rally at White House: 'Obama, Obama, where are you?'
- White House defends Kerry failure to broker Middle East cease-fire
- White House says Russia 'losing' war in Ukraine
- Romney would win popular vote in rematch against Obama: CNN poll - Washington Times#.U9ZSgi7-CXU.twi
- Ohio sheriff sends bill to Mexico for cost of jailing illegals
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world
Fighting in Iraq