- Marionville mayor ‘kind of agreed’ with Kansas City shooter’s views
- Rev. Al Sharpton’s Easter message: Politically ‘crucified’ Obama has risen again
- Supreme Court to weigh challenge to ban on campaign lies
- UNICEF launches ‘Mr. Poo’ mascot in India to curb public defecation
- Teen taking selfie by train: ‘Wow, that guy just kicked me in the head’
- Goodbye, Afghanistan — hello, Africa: Air Force to shift as U.S. exits Middle East
- Iran mulls ban on vasectomies, decrease on abortions to bolster population
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers ‘more deadly than jihadists’
- Classes resume at high school rocked by stabbings
- ABC News accuses Center for Public Integrity of stealing Pulitzer-winning work
Head of USOC defends high-tech speedskating suits
SOCHI, Russia (AP) - The head of the U.S. Olympic Committee has defended the speedskating suits that were dumped midway through the Sochi Games.
CEO Scott Blackmun said Tuesday in a statement that “we are disappointed” by the performance of the U.S. team, which has yet to finish higher than seventh at these Olympics.
The Americans came into the games with more speedskating gold medals than any other country, and the most overall medals by any U.S. Winter team. But they’ve been a major flop in Russia, with much of the blame falling on the high-tech skinsuits developed by Under Armour with help from aerospace and defense giant Lockheed Martin.
Blackmun says “we do not believe the suits were the problem.” He says companies such as Under Armour and Lockheed Martin provide necessary innovation.
By John R. Bolton
Reality calls for attaching Gaza to Egypt and the West Bank to Jordan
- 'Culture of intimidation' seen in Nevada ranch standoff
- Rand and Ron Paul ride to the rescue for Bundy in Nevada standoff with feds
- Atheists rush to stage Easter display: 'Jesus Christ is a myth'
- Removal of military gear limits options for U.S., NATO in Ukraine
- CNN op-ed claims right-wingers 'more deadly than jihadists'
- U.S. Navy to turn seawater into jet fuel
- Army goes to war with National Guard, seizes Apache attack helicopters
- Nevada Bundy ranch standoff could leave dirt on Harry Reid reputation
- CARSON: Recovering Tocqueville's vision of American exceptionalism
- GOP writes legislation to deny Attorney General Eric Holder his salary
Celebrity deaths in 2014
Top 10 handguns in the U.S.