- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
Hoefl-Riesch has breathing issues ahead of slalom
Question of the Day
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia (AP) - Maria Hoefl-Riesch skipped the Olympic giant slalom on Tuesday because of a cold and breathing problems.
Germany’s Alpine team director, Wolfgang Maier, tells The Associated Press that Hoefl-Riesch “had a rest now” and he’s optimistic that she will compete in Friday’s slalom.
Hoefl-Riesch warmed up on the GS course Tuesday before deciding not to start. She has never won an Olympic or world championship medal in her weakest discipline.
Hoefl-Riesch won a gold medal in super-combined and silver in super-G in Sochi. She also won two golds at the 2010 Vancouver Games, including in the slalom.
Another gold would equal Croatian great Janica Kostelic’s record of four career Olympic titles.
- Boehner rules out impeachment: 'Scam started by Democrats'
- Federal judge grants 90-day stay in D.C. gun case
- GOP Senate candidate: Obama needs to visit Central America
- Obama thanks Muslims for 'building the very fabric of our nation'
- Smugglers, rainstorm combine to poke holes in border fence
- California's Jerry Brown cites God, 'religious call' to embrace illegals
- D.C. seeks to stay judge's order allowing gun owners to carry in public
- Kerry's credibility questioned as fighting in Gaza rages
- Hillary Clinton: Forget Obama, George W. Bush made her 'proud to be an American'
- Appeals court upholds Obamacare tax as constitutional
Obama's biggest White House 'fails'
Celebrities turned politicians
Athletes turned actors
20 gadgets that changed the world